APRIL 22nd, 2020
In an effort to #KeepKidsConnected, we will be sending out a bi-weekly newsletter with program information, virtual match activity ideas, family resources & more! For more information & resources, please visit our website at www.acadianabigs.com/COVID-19.
This week is #NationalVolunteerWeek and we want to make sure we recognize the thousands of Bigs- past, present & future, who have taken the time to #DefendThePotential of Littles all across the nation & right here in Acadiana! Thank you for all that you do!
CLICK HERE for a message from the Big Brothers Big Sisters of America CEO, Pam Iorio.
Look for more ideas on our website at www.acadianabigs.com/COVID-19.
Acadiana always seems to band together in a time of need. The COVID-19 pandemic is no different. Make sure to take advantage of the resources available to our community!
LWC Released Video Guides for Unemployment Applications
- For a Guide on how workers can file an unemployement claim, click HERE.
- For a guide on filing a weekly claim certificate, click HERE.
MOST IMPORTANTLY - LWC urges you to continue to file weekly even if you have not recieved benefits yet!
It's so important for kids to stay on a good schedule & keep learning while social distancing. Help your Little set a daily schedule including time for learning & reading. Below are a couple of fun & free learning resources!
We know many parents are feeling the stress of supporting & providing for their children over the weeks & months to come. It can be difficult to find a balance during this stay-at-home order. We will try our best to provide any resources we come across! Below are a few of our favorites but you can find more on our website at www.acadianabigs.com/COVID-19 or by following our FaceBook page.
- #DisneyMagicMoments lets you experience the magic of Disney wherever you may be. Enjoy Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel, and National Geographic with stories, videos and, activities to inspire imagination and discovery among kids and families!
- Join the Evangeline Area Boy Scouts (not just for boys) in the 30-Day Activity Challenge! Scroll to the bottom of the page & print out the calendar for your child's age group. Use the calendar as a road map to keeping your kids busy and having fun while staying at home.
- The Current has put together a user-friendly dashboard of information & resources for families in the Acadiana Area.
- Your mental health is more important than ever. The Family Tree is offering free tele-counseling to new clients. You can also call the Keep Calm Through COVID hotline at 1-866-310-7977 at any time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Find the latest Lafayette Parish COVID-19 UPDATES in english, french & espanol.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, concerns or requests!
School-Based Case Manager
Macth Support Specialist